Wednesday, February 11, 2015

2.5 Week Update

This coughing virus is a beast! My husband and I are both still coughing. Last week it was so bad I almost threw up a few times, and the same thing happened to my husband. I was talking to a friend who said she and her husband had the same virus - she said she was coughing forever and that her husband threw his back out.

So, with that said, I still can't really say for sure how Kalydeco is helping my lungs. I usually blow about 3.3 L on my FEV1 monitor. At one point last week I was struggling to blow 3.0 L, but I started feeling better, and at one point I got it all the way up to 3.9 L! I didn't believe it the first time, but I managed to blow 3.9 L two more times. H-O-L-Y C-O-W. The highest I have ever blown on that thing is 3.6 L, and that was over two years ago, when I was pregnant with Grace and my FEV1 was 120%. BUT, two days ago my numbers went back down and I started feeling worse. I had horrible night sweats and fell like crap yesterday - coughing a ton and feeling short of breath. So, last night I started Cipro.  I already feel better this morning. I don't remember Cipro working this fast in the past, so I'm not sure if I would have felt better anyway. But, hopefully I am officially on the mend!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena